Michael J Azj
map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

False membership charge

I noticed Credit One charged me $95.00 for a membership fee which they never had. I called their customer service line and made a complaint about it. They chose to do nothing about it. The following day, they withdrew the money out of my bank account even though no payment was due. I filed a complaint with the CFPB.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Have access to your bank account even if you do not authorize auto payment

User's recommendation: Don't use Credit One

Jesus M Cyl

| map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Acct closed even though given future date

Credit One Bank - Acct closed even though given future date

Account number **** I was told that I had until March 24th 2024 to pay the amount. I made a payment last week the first week of March the amount of $250 as I was waiting for my income tax to come in.

Now that my income tax came in you guys closed my account even though it's only March 7th. When I called twice to customer service both agents hung up on me. I really like Credit One and wanted to keep the account however I did experience hard times and that's why I was not able to make payments on my cards. Now that I have my income tax I'm prepared to make the payments that I owe Credit One.

Now you guys have closed my account even though I was told I had until March 24th.

Please help me fix this because I don't want my account closed I'm willing to make the payments in a large sum almost enough to bring the amount completely down to just a few hundred dollars. Please notify me when you receive this email.

Preferred solution: Honor their written request for me to pay by march 24.

User's recommendation: Only if they honor what they sent me in writing

Guest

You probably should mail a check in right away before they charge you off. That or go to one of those outfits that will work to settle your balance.

Guest

If your minimum payment due of $2,700 is the same as the balance, your card probably had no available credit anyway.

Carlie G Ubc

| map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

Scammed me out of payments

Original review May 22, 2024

The most deceitful, fraudulent account I have ever dealt with. They sent me a credit card that I never used even after paying a $95.00 program fee and a $75.00 yearly program fee.

A couple of weeks later, they claimed that they needed to verify my identity and asked me to send them documents. They mentioned that I would hear from them in 30 days and if they needed to close my account, my fees would be refunded. This happened in March and, surprisingly, they called in April, knowing the account was closed, to ask for a payment, and had the audacity to charge a late fee. The representative acted like she didn't know what I was talking about and took my payment.

Then, they sent me a statement with charges, although I never used this card...EVER! They took my payments but I never had an available balance. When I called to ask why, they claimed it was because they closed the account due to identity issues. They continued to collect payments knowing the account was closed and when I asked them to refund my program fee and the yearly fee, reasoning that I wouldn't have the card for a year, they refused.

They claimed they were owed that money...how is that possible, when I never incurred any fees from the day I received the card. This company is run by real crooks!

Don't waste your time with them; try Capital One or Discover instead because Credit One Bank is desperate for money and they scam consumers!!! If I could give them 0 stars I would!

Loss:
Pros:
  • You can check if your pre approved
Cons:
  • Customer service reps act like they dont understand english
  • Customer service poor
  • System doesnt update to show payments made

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: THEY ARE FRAUDSTERS! BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!!!!

Guest

File a complaint with the CFPB. I bet you get your fees back.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2533909

No they won't. All this bank has to do is send the terms this fool agreed to.

It's clear this person was desperate for (due to bad credit) credit card and didn't bother to read/understand the terms. They will get nothing.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2533931

So, you watn to complain, but not willing to spend the time to correct the issue. Don't file a complaint and sit there and wave goodbye to your money.

View more comments (2)
Lydia B Xxm

| map-marker Los Angeles, California

Credit NONE !

After my complaint they had nerve to send survey I gave everything a 1 they charge interest and Im over limit every month after payment and I havent used the card in months .
Austin R Skc

Y'all are charging me for stuff and giving me late payments and I don't use the card

I got a loan to pay off my card, so I paid it off completely. However, the card has an $8 monthly charge for using it, and my payment was always set to automatic. Apparently, that changed after I paid it off, so I had a late payment of $16. Now, it says I owe $25 and there is no way to get in contact with them to see what's going on and to cancel the card.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Worst card in the world and impossible to talk to a real person

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not use this card even if it’s your only option.

Ray W Smith

Can't use credit card

Credit One Bank - Can't use credit card
Credit One Bank - Can't use credit card - Image 2

I tried to purchase some items two-three times since November 15, 16 and 17 and 18th but the card does not work. I haven't used it in a couple of months, I Paid the balance off in October, 2023 and actually went over the amount owed, and the company owes me a balance of $13.00.

IT appears the card is blocked for whatever reason(s) but I did not know that it was. I don't owe anything and never have been late with payments and I tried to purchase some stuff on Amazon and when I called credit one and spoke with a representative, they said it was blocked for security reasons, but would not tell me why. So I ask them to either fix it or send me another card or close the account if I can't use it. I have never heard anything but I did try to purchase something on ebay afterwards and the card was declined.

what's the purpose of having a credit card if you can use it? They called me on my phone and sent me a security code to fix the problem but I still cannot use the card.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Bad customer relations
  • Poor customer service
  • Bad reps unprofessional

Preferred solution: Be able to use the card or close the account

Guest

Why are you claiming a $500 loss? No one owes you any money.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2430718

Why? That's the mark of a serial deadbeat infused with the entitlement mentality=FACT!

Blandina M

| map-marker Baltimore, Maryland

Questions

I want to cancel the credit protection, I want to know if paying my credit card is it I should pay the whole current balance or minimum payment? Which I always dont see the minimum payment

Verified Reviewer

Closed account because need proof of payment when is paid

Closed account because need proof of payment when is paid online !!! Incompetent customer service. Website down most of the time.
Cons:
  • Credit line
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Smarter management

User's recommendation: AVOID AT ALL COST

MalibuGal277

Unable to use app, website, phone number busy 24/7

I cannot reach Credit One by phone (877-825-****) since 4/8/2024. Number is busy 24/7. So is 2 other numbers on the website. App isn't working. Website occasionally allows me to login, but I cannot access balance/history. Loads same page as of 4/5/2024. Does not refresh. What is going on? I can understand being down for a day but all week?
Loss:
Pros:
  • Customer service was formally always available
Cons:
  • Customer service number down all week

Preferred solution: A refund of my car rental deposit

User's recommendation: I keep composition book with notes of date, time, name of rep I spoke to. The different info I get is astounding

Ricardo R Ink

You liars!!!! My credit score is *** cuz of you

You guys are a *** joke I have been trying to get in contact with you *** losers so I can yell but why should I expect a bank to do anything right

Preferred solution: Fix my God damn credit

Carolyn M Sdi

Suspended account!!

I opened an account in February you all marked it suspicious and suspended it wanting identity verification I sent it TWICE!!! And I still do NOT have access to my account now I have received a bill for $2.27 and I have never used this account!! I would like access or the whole account shut down!

Verified Reviewer

Low limit, poor customer service

780 score, won't do CLI as requested, flawless payment history. Customer service in India. Poor service.

User's recommendation: Avoid

Guest

Right, sure! If you have a 780 credit score, why are you with this subprime, deadbeat, high APR card company??? We aren't all THAT stupid!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2515310

Let me elaborate further for the ones that requires special assistance. 650 when I applied over 3 years, a mise two hundred increases each time I had to pay for the CLI.

Now at 780 score the company isn't raising the CLI at all. Do you comprehend better now?

Stevenm42

Block on my card 7-10 days....going on 45 now

Credit one put a block on my card stating they need to verify my identification. Unfortunately, they never announced this to me and it's not on their website.

I had to call to find out that there was a block on it they attempted to use the card at a store and it wouldn't work.They told me to send them a utility bill and a copy of my drivers license and it'll be 7 to 10 days. This was over 45 days ago. Since then I've called them seven times and had seven different people tell me seven different processes. I finally had to escalate the issue all the way to corporate office.

I spoke with them and they're no better.

I just got off the phone with a corporate supervisor who literally hung up on me because he was telling me to re-submit the exact same things I just submitted. I said that's repeating the same action, expecting a different result. I explained that my expectation was for them to fulfill their obligations and fix this problem.

Previously I was told the guys in the "backroom" do the verification checks. I asked to speak to their supervisor.

They said I can't call back there. They went on to say that they couldn't call back there. I asked if they had phones in the back room and they said yes. I asked to be put through to somebody who has the authority to call back there and was told there isn't anybody.

This might be the worst customer service I've ever dealt with in my life.

Nobody knows what the other one is doing. Nobody knows the processes. They ad lib and hope they get it right. Unfortunately if they don't it's not their problem.

Every single time I've had a new process to deal with they tell me it will take an additional 7 to 10 days.

This has been a comedy of errors. I cannot possibly give a worse rating to credit one.

Cons:
  • Horrendous customer service

Preferred solution: The block lifted off my card

User's recommendation: Do not use them at all costs

Guest

Some transaction or transactions over time triggered their software. If it has been this long a Suspicious Activity Report was probably auto-generated and sent to the Treasury Department for investigation. The bank isn’t telling you anything because they probably aren’t aware of what’s going on.

Ronaiby P

| map-marker Hialeah, Florida

Reclamo

Cantidad deuda que me aparece sin yo hacer esa transacción. Dice que utilice la tarjeta por un monto que no hice.

Thanawat T

| map-marker Bangkok, Bangkok

Can't open app credit one bank from Thailand for payment

Hello , Now i stay in Thailand but can't open the app and website creditone bank for payment , Your have other website or way to check the app and payment my account ? , My account nymber are : 4707-93**-**39-0757 , Last i flight out from U.S. the app creditone bank can't open it , How to do? Please email back to me. Thanawat Thanutthitipun 123 State ST New london CT 06320

Verified Reviewer

Credit line increase is a joke

780 Credit score, no derogatory, flawless payment history with Credit One. After 2 years increases of $200 a couple of time and that's it. Customer service is dumb as a rock, ...you will receive a letter, the only answer, no one is capable of a decision. This credit card company is a total fiasco. AVOID !
Pros:
  • Easy approval
Cons:
  • No accountability
  • Poor customer service and web site
  • Low credit line

Preferred solution: The proper credit line and service a customer with flawless history deserve,

User's recommendation: Anything else but Credit One !

Jus B Zzr

Right about customer service, they understand nothing.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article